Domaine de Saint Paul - Châteauneuf-du-Pape
Route de Sorgues84232 Châteauneuf-du-PapeFixed telephone: 04 90 83 76 08site :http://www.domainesaintpaul.com
Between Orange and Avignon, on the left bank of the Rhône, the Vieux Château Pontifical de Châteauneuf du Pape is established. Pilgrims, Crusaders, Templars, Huguenots, Popes and Kings, Pillards and Invaders passed through here.
The particularity of its terroir lies in the presence of large rolled pebbles that store the beneficial action of the sun during the day and release it at night. Thus, our grapes have a high degree of ripeness and this particular character of power and bouquet.
In 1934, the construction of the Domaine de Saint Paul began. It was then bought by Charles Establet in 1958.
At the beginning of the 1970s, his daughter Christiane Jeune and son-in-law Pierre Elie Jeune bought the estate and expanded it.
In 1980, the expansion of the estate began with the creation of a wine storage cellar. Then in the 1990s, the vinification cellar was built and a bottling line was installed. In 1998, the bottle of DOMAINE DE SAINT PAUL appeared.
In 2002, a tasting room and sales room for private customers was created. At the beginning of 2004, their children Christophe and Isabelle took over the management of the estate and enriched the vinification cellar with wooden vats and a cellar for ageing in demi-muids and oak tuns.